Thursday, January 10, 2008

Consistency

Recently I have noticed that instead of consistently finding new ways to further God’s kingdom or seek his will I often consistently find new ways to screw up and disappoint myself. I just wish sometimes that I could continually keep doing better and not take steps back. I mean I know nobody is perfect, but at times I feel like I am just not consistently putting God before everything else like I should be. I just want people to be able to see Christ through me and to see less of me, and my faults, I want people to actually believe that following Christ is real and not just a show. I also want to be more consistent with sharing Christ to other people around me, I mean I am confident I get plenty of opportunities to do the simplest things for people and I just let it go by, consistently. I don’t even think it has to be anything big. But here’s another thing, why do I not boldly go after people and take the time to share the gospel. I realize this more and more. It is probably due to the fact we like to tell ourselves that loving other people is enough. Not to downplay the importance or the effect of doing this, but I worry a time will come to me where this will not have been enough and it will have been too late. And the chance to share Christ with that person will be passed up and gone. I would love comments on this and discussion and see what the readers of this post think.

No comments: