Monday, January 14, 2008

Passion

Why is it that I have more passion sometimes for completely useless, worldly things than increasing my relationship with the only person who will always be there and love me no matter what? This pisses me off. I don’t know why this is and I don’t really know where even to begin really to fix this. It seems that I have passion for some things for a period of time. I really have a passion for Young Life and what I do there. But sometimes it feels like my passion for Christ isn’t what it is supposed to be. This probably is the result of not persistently seeking Christ or offering my life and myself completely to him.

Passion is something you need to be successful in anything in life. Realizing this, I think it is important to remedy my lack of passion. Recently I have tried to be more persistent in my quiet times and prayer, but maybe I am just taking advantage of him and not pursuing him as if he is the one true love in my life. He is the only one that will matter in the end. It won’t really matter what I did or what I spent my time with in my life. What will really matter is how I continued to pursue Christ in my life and doing everything in my life for him and offering every decision I make to him.

I think the only way to help my situation is continue to seek and just be reminded of his love for me and love him with everything I do.

No comments: