Sunday, October 28, 2007

He Reigns

Recently I listened to a Sermon on my Ipod and He reminded me that Christ lives in me. Yea duh, right? Of course, I know this but I really didn't think about it a lot. But seriously he lives in the ones who believe in Him. How foolish am I to not let him make the decisions in my life.
As if I know better than him.
As if I am more important.
As if I can go through this life on my terms.
As if I have the knowledge to do what is right and what my life was meant for.

I have always tried to seek Christ in my life and to live according to what I think God has planned for me, but to really allow my faith to cause the action of giving up my life allowing myself to become the man that God had created me to be as a man. We need God, we are not whole without God. I want to live as though I am nothing, I want people to see Christ, not me. Or at least I want to attain this attitude and to become this humble. I can not be whole without Him.

This past summer I continually would pray that I would be less and God more. I don't exactly when I stopped praying this prayer, but I feel like I can notice the difference. I need to come to the point where I no longer feel like I have to be anything besides a child of God. He will provide.

No comments: