Wednesday, January 21, 2009

God Convo's

A friend of mine were talking the other day about well God, hence the title of this post. But they mentioned to me that even though they have many Christian friends, they don't really talk about spiritual things that often. It got me thinking, and I realized that in my own life this is true too. Conversations about God don't happen too often. I have realized that most of my conversations of my spiritual life usually don't come up outside of bible studies or when stuff is pretty crappy and I need some spiritual guidance and support.

Why is it that, if we are God's children and everything we do should give glory to God, that we do not talk about Him often? Should He not consume our lives? Have we become less confident in our identity in Christ? Or maybe on a more positive note: maybe we have become so intimate in Christ that we need to be in a more intimate setting such as a bible study to really explain what God is doing. But if that is the case why do we get sarcastic all the time and rip on each other for little things. Those things don't bring the kingdom of God any closer. (Notice: I say “we” because I am definitely guilty of these things.)

I wish this would change, I realize it will not happen at once. But I want me and the people around me to be able and want to speak freely of their spiritual lives.

No comments: